View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2007, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTX11 View Post
Feeling doesn't really have anything to do with it. Population does. And the fact is, SA metro has more population that both some NFL cities, and cities with 2 or more professional franchises. Media Market size not withstanding. AND that doesn't even include Austin. I wonder how many of these NFL cities around SA's size have an Austin sized city just a stone's throw away? Funny they never seem to mention the fact there is another huge metro just one hour away from SA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schertz1 View Post
I grew up in North Carolina and Charlotte does not seem as urban as San Antonio. There are, however, more high-rise buildings in their CBD. Last I remember, Charlotte had several dirt roads-not alleys- within the city limits only 10 to 15 years ago. New Orleans also only has a larger CBD. NO is also quick to point out Baton Rouge and Mississippi also support us. When you take the two together, BR and pre-katrina NO, they are about the size of San Antonio.

The San Antonio/Austin area has over 3.5 million people according to some estimates. Approaching 4 million without including the valley or Corpus Christi, is quite a market. The 1.89 million is a 2005 estimate for San Antonio.
Charlotte does seem more urban than San Antonio. Just go look at some of the projects going up in its CBD + Uptown.

How are you going to include Corpus Christi and the Valley into San Antonio's market? Both of those places are far away from San Antonio. SA also doesn't have as much disposable income as some of those cities with two pro-teams. Add in Austin, then it probably does. San Antonio-Austin has close to 3.5 million, not over it (if you just add in the metro numbers). Almost 300,000 less actually. Media market is what counts. I don't know how many cities have a metro like Austin a stone's throw away from their own market, you tell me because I can't think of one.

If the Saints could not fully work when they game (some buyouts because games did not sell out), what makes you think they could do it again?