View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illithid Dude View Post
Historic Philippino Town counts. I go down there for shows all the time. Current coolest neighborhoods in Los Angeles right now are Historic Philippino Town, East Hollywood, Lincoln Heights, Highland Park, and Eagle Rock. Silver Lake lapsed out of being cool the second the Starbucks Reserve was thrown up, but hasn't really been "cool" per se in a while, at least not the type of bleeding edge in-the-know cool that really separates the fat from the meat.
I was gonna say...

What's considered "cool" is subjective; and for me anyway, it's often the case that once a place is established as "cool," it kinda loses its "cool" factor. It becomes mainstream, establishment; where everyone else goes.

I don't really go to Historic Filipinotown, and I only really drive through Lincoln Heights or go through it on the Metro Gold Line, but I will agree about East Hollywood, Highland Park (which I feel is starting to get up there somewhat in reaching that "established" cool factor) and Eagle Rock being cool neighborhoods---low-key, still feeling a bit undiscovered, not as crowded with the "in-crowd," and chill vibes.

~ Charles Bukowski