View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 8:43 PM

QUOTE=John "If more people move to Philadelphia and the city continues to be vibrant which we want; then the congestion will come and I'm not sure if we have a way to really address it."

It's an inevitable, the population will increase. The city from what I understand is built for at least 2.5 million. I've been saying this for years. There's only one way to accommodate increased population, is to increase and create new heavy rail ex. subways, elevated lines. and light rail, such as restoring some of the old trolley lines. We should not add anymore internal combustion engines in increased bus lines. Yes, we can add hybrid and all electric busses, however people like rail, it's safer, quicker and more efficient but drastically more expensive.

Septa repeats that they cannot afford it, however if new subway and elevated lines can be justified (which I believe, of course it can) Philadelphia can afford it. We just borrow the money like any other means of financing a major project like this. Hmm...I can see it now...Lowering those huge tunnel boring machines (TBM's) into the ground now, heading up and down Roosevelt Blvd.. at least 4 lines with express trains in the middle. It can pay for itself.

Last edited by Inquizative; Nov 9, 2020 at 8:57 PM.