View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2017, 1:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
The longer I look at this proposal, the less I like it. It's just not elegant. To me it's weird for the sake of being weird. This location deserves something more along the lines of 9 DeKallb.

I think we're getting that with 111 W. 57th Street. This tower is ok as is, but when you look at it and consider its 5th Ave address, its actually closer to the ESB in massing. I think it could support a spire, though I doubt they would go that route. But as with 432 Park Avenue, I think the skyline can absorb something new and different. By the time the likes of Central Park Tower, Steinway, 30 Hudson, One Vanderbilt, maybe even 2 WTC are built, this could be even more welcome.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/29/kushn...ks-emerge.html

Kushner, Anbang end Manhattan tower talks, other talks emerge

Quote:
......Talks had centered on Anbang providing as much as half of $2.5 billion in equity for the planned redevelopment of 666 Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, a media report said last week.

....."Kushner Companies is no longer in discussions with Anbang about 666 Fifth Avenue's potential redevelopment, and our firms have mutually agreed to end talks regarding the property," a spokesman said in a statement.

.....The Kushner spokesman said advanced talks are ongoing with other investors to redevelop the 39-story building, valued for its proximity to St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center.

Any plan could be hampered by the cost of buying out tenants with long-term leases or Spanish retailer Zara's store on the corner of 52nd Street.

Zara is controlled by Amancio Ortega, the world's fourth-richest man according to Forbes magazine, who has no intention to sell, said a broker who represented the billionaire when one of his companies paid $324 million for the locale in 2011.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 30, 2017 at 3:15 AM.