View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
We start with the basics. You don't begin life with any entitlements, only a set of charter protected rights. Now certain people may have a legal entitlement to certain things based on negotiated agreements between parties but you don't automatically start off with a bunch of things that you get just for existing.
You can say that again.

My first home had around 4 outlets, an oven, and a wood burning stove for heat. No plumbing, no baseboard heaters, no bathroom. My "room" doubled as the "slop pail" room in the winter while an outhouse was the preferred dumping ground in the summer. I don't remember the view out the windows because the single pane windows were usually covered in plastic. I think we had a tv... black and white 13 incher. I'm not that old, people had colour tv's when I was a kid. My parents didn't have a post secondary education at the time. They both worked though. I guess we had one thing going for us though, the community well was at the end of our driveway. Oh and the backyard double as my zoo where bears would show up and eat our garden.

So what kind of entitlements did you not have when you started this life?