View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 12:59 AM

I wonder what highways department is using for line paint?

City of Winnipeg according to their web site now uses a quick dry alkyd that is heated on the line paint truck to 62 degrees Celsius and dries in about 1 minute for the road lines and paint for the intersections and crosswalks is barricaded as it takes about 20 minutes to dry.

I am guessing the walk behind machines for the intersections don't heat the paint like the road painter does.

Does anybody else remember the days when the Metro Corp and later the city painted the road lines and right behind the line truck was a pickup pulling a long trailer with flashing lights, and two people riding on the back manually placing orange cones on the lines to keep people from driving over the fresh paint.

About 1 hour later a different truck with would come by with riding workers to retrieve the cones that had not been hit or blown off the lines. I never really did figure out who picked up the cones they could not snag while moving. Maybe they had a follow up truck with staff to jump out and get the cones from the odd locations.