View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
The South Perimeter currently has close to $400 million approved for upgrades in the next 5 years. That does not include the $200-250 million approved for the Headingley Bypass in the next 5 years as well.

My hope is that things will get started right away before this pot of cash potentially dries up. I speak with a high up at MIT Highways regularly and there is no one more eager to get things going than him. The problem now is that they have never had the good fortune of this much money thrown at them and they are now struggling to get things designed and out the door as quickly as possible. He knows how quickly this money could disappear and wants to get the base foundation dirt flying on a number of interchanges on the south Perimeter as early as next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Reconstruction of 100/Wilkes
New @ 100/McGillivray
New @ 100/330/Brady - a joint interchange
New @ 100/St Mary's
New @ 100/St Anne's

They might not all get constructed this round but they want the base and alignment work started for the interchanges with this round of infrastructure funding. The big push is to get the median widened and new lanes built from Wilkes to Hwy 1 East and all minor access roads closed. 100/McGillivray will likely be built within the next 2 years.
This is great news. 5 year timespan is a good time span too, and as early as next year for perimeter specific projects to start will be great - though that said I'll be a believer when I see that commitment turned into construction. I still feel this set of construction were it to be finished today would be great but its still not up to par with what it should be.

I wonder if how long the Perimeter is takes anything into consideration. Its a really long ring road.