View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2011, 6:18 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
I'm not doubting the realignment (or lack thereof for 2011-12). That's been known for a while now.

I'm questioning why you'd think Winnipeg will not play in Edmonton. In years past, a SE team would do a complete road trip sweep of the NW. So if things aren't changing at all from what Atlanta would do - Winnipeg will either play in all the cities or in none of them.

The schedule isn't out for this season yet so I was a bit surprised at how specific you were in terms of teams playing where.
last season both Vancouver and Calgary played in Atlanta while Edmonton hosted Atlanta. I would suspect it will be the reverse next season.

Travel will be a bitch next year for Winnipeg, but on the plus side they will get to go tp Miami/Tampa several times over the winter instead of Edmonton and Calgary . Also on the plus side is fans in Winnipeg will get to see Ovechkin, Crosby, the Leafs, and Canadiens several times. You don't get that luxury in the NW division.

Albert Einstein