View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
I'm torn on the idea personally. The utilitarian in me wants the walkway to allow me to be able to access all of downtown in heated or cooled comfort. However, having seen some pretty cold parts of Europe in the winter, and seeing that they give zero shits and still have vibrant streets on the worst of days makes me want us to eschew the heated convenience of the indoor and have our own vibrant streets in winter. Because honestly, when it's -25, there are few things better than having a hot glass of mulled wine outdoors. Granted you wouldn't want to spend that much time outside, there are ways to do it.

The encouraging thing is to see us slowly embrace the reality of our climate and simply enjoy the outdoors no matter the weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
How many days do we actually get where it uncomfortably cold below -15? 20 or so.

Anything -15 and up with sunshine is beautiful in winter.
Exactly. And RRC already has 2 other buildings nearby (Massey and Paterson) not connected. This one will be even closer, and you'll cross a narrow, fairly wind-protected street. Crossing at Princess/William to Massey or Paterson is much windier and colder.