View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 24, 2018, 3:49 PM

Talking to my friends last night I think one of the problems is people do not pay attention to the things the city does then they get angry when they hear about something they dont understand or is drastically different from what they are used to. I think the reason We on this forum are all supportive of this move is because we have taken an interest in what actually goes on in the city by both the government and privite parties. They were against the whole losing parking downtown thing as well but had no idea that BRT was coming for example and when I explained that the bus ride could be( at somepoint) just 5 or 10 min downtown they started warming up to the idea. if there is big enough demand for parking someone will build a parkade. there will be a lot of parking downtown in the areas that we have suggested esspecially since RL office tower is going up. I dont know why Its parkade couldnt be utilized on evenings and weekends?

Anyways my point is people need to take a bigger interest in what happens in the city and be more open to the discussion of change instead of getting taken aback by it and getting angry. Perhaps the 10 years of growth is still to recent and new to counteract peoples long standing belief that nothing changes here devloped by nearly 40 years of stagnation.