View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 7:44 AM

I think I associate these type of neighbourhoods more with pre-war inner cities than post-war suburbs. It is hard to remember, but maybe that was my thought while taking these pictures, that this is more a "downtown" quality, something I wish I could experience more as a suburban dweller. I think MolsonExport touched upon it too, comparing it to Cote des Neiges. Maybe my upcoming Dundas Street West pictures will change your mind.

It's not like there no high-rise condo districts in Mississauga as well. And there is the Hurontario LRT under construction now and it will go right through the heart of Cooksville with 3 stations, so change could be coming. Look at the demolition site pictured in #21 and #23, maybe change has already started. And of course there is the coronavirus as well.

I am editing the Dundas Street West pictures right now and it makes me kinda sad looking at them and these Cooksville pictures because they were all taken right before the pandemic. Hopefully these places do not lose so much of that diversity and entrepreneurial energy that you mention.