View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2013, 2:51 PM
Walkable CITIES!

I'm confused. I thought maybe this hideousness was to replace the Warner Theater midblock.

but now I see it must be the corner site or 441 Smithfield Street

OK, All buildings can not be preserved, but there was a great effort to preserve 5th Avenue and it is finally paying off and they want to do this? Fifth Avenue survived Murphy's wrecking ball/mall and we are discussing this as if it were a good thing? They want to cash in on the success of Pittsburgh's Fifth Avenue renaissance and build this? This hideousness could be built, replacing any of the equally hideous parking garages southbalong Smithfield. OK. They want a Fifth Avenue adress? Build it using the facade of the existing buildings. San Francisco does it all the time. But to replace either of these buildings with THIS! You want a Fifth Avenue address make it look like a Fifth Avenue address. Generic does not belong on this very high profile corner. Fifth Avenue and Smithfield Street is probably Pittsburgh's most iconic corner and THIS is what they are proposing? We are going to say this is good just so we can say we have another skyscraper? I can deal with bad up to 20 stories but 33 stories there must be some architecture involved. Just sayin

Last edited by UrbaniDesDev; Dec 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM.