View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 1:31 PM

Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
From cbc.ca/news (July 31, 2016)

"The fresh additions began as a pilot project in a handful of Shoppers stores in 2014. The company recently remodelled several stores in downtown Toronto and now boasts 29 locations serving perishable goods — 19 in Toronto, eight in Regina and two in Hamilton."

Here is the full article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/shop...mart-1.3700945

Personally, I check all of the grocery store flyers to see who has the best weekly deals for the majority of my needs. Shoppers does have some good weekly deals.

The Broad & 14th store has scaled back their grocery section a bit since the pilot was created, as they initially had no idea what would sell and what wouldn't. Now, after a period of time, it is clear what their customers want. It really is about convenience, especially in neighbourhoods without a major grocery store within reasonable walking distance.

Selection may be limited and can be a bit pricey, but this is the price we pay for convenience. Ever find reasonable grocery items in a 7-11 or Macs?

As a side note, Galen Weston flew to Regina in his private jet late last year to see a few of these stores and to talk with the owners.

----- posted by a regina guy in their retail section-------

this makes it a bit more clear to me in my mind on my location with the shoppers. it would make much more sense , even as a business move to close me, and have the shoppers expand into a full grocery/deli/produce etc... seeing as this North park/river heights needs a store like that. and as loblaws owns shoppers now too. again, im just wondering since EF rents this spot, does shoppers OWN theirs. thats what ive been hearing.