View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komatiite View Post
I just graduated from this campus and think the skywalk is a fantastic idea.

If I have a class on two, it's absurd to think that my choice is either to do a mad dash across the street mid winter in my shirt sleeves - all sorts of safety concerns from freezing, traffic, or slipping hazards - or go get my shit from a third or fourth floor locker, and go all the way down to the first floor, instead of using a nice heated skywalk, all because of some urbanist pinhead and their misdirected principles.

The fact is, there's already enough foot traffic on the main level because of Tim horton's, the merc, the gym, the eating area, the parking lot, student services, buhler, bus stops, etc., and that will only increase regardless of a skywalk.
I went to this campus too. The beauty of the way these programs are designed is you only have classes in one building, and if you need to put a jacket on to get a coffee, so be it. That's the way the rest of the city and world works.

When I went to U of W I had classes in buildings all over campus and had to cross Portage or go outside almost every class. You're an adult, figure it out. The Exchange is not a place for skywalks. If it's that important because god forbid you should be cold or (OMG) have to carry a JACKET?!!?.. in WINNIPEG – build a tunnel.