View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texboy View Post
ILUVSAT, please reread my statement... I stated "obviously, not all at once." and yes, there is a report out there stating that the airport can be expanded to somewhere between 58 to 60 gates. In fact, if you look closely at the drawing of the potential expansions, you faintly see planes outlined around the future terminal C and D. Count them. Although not exact, it comes out to somewhere in the mid 50's for total number of gates. I was merely stating that the airport CAN be expanded to that number, and that is not just me taking guesstimates. I would like to note (and not to start an argument) that it seems many times when I post, you come back with some retort that is usually needless. Why? Oddly enough, its usually when I post something that could be or is positive regarding the city of SA. I'm sure you'll post a retort to this. I simply will not respond. Thanks.
I'd note that ILUSAT's reply was to JackinBeantown and not you.

That said, I disagree vehemently with what he said. Our roads and highways are woefully behind the times. We, as a city, don't have a good history of building infrastructure to accommodate growth. That's why there is construction on every major artery in and out of SA.

I admit that airports work different than highways, but this history of waiting until "traffic drives it" is not working. We just end up a city constantly catching up.

And seeing as even now, the only answer is adding lanes, with no attention paid to public transport, or even future projections of growth, (how long do we have to see actual growth surpass projections until we learn?), this isn't changing anytime soon.