View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASKFTW View Post

My idea of SSP:

SSP is a place to simultaneously share, understand, enlighten, collaborate, compete, and reflect through knowledge among other like minded urban enthusiasts.

SSP should never be viewed as a place to debate and argue the absolute superiority of any individual city over another, or the absolute superiority of one particular ideology, policy perspective, artistic design over another (unless consent by both parties is given for an agreed upon debate and should minimally disrupt the ongoing discussion between non-participants).

SSP should strive to encourage it's members to carefully weigh and measure all the positives and negatives (no matter how awkward or initially discouraging and unthinkable).

Other members (including myself) are not interested in elementary games (unless that is the agreed upon pursuit), there is an implicit and explicit understanding between many members that mutual criticism and encouragement between citizens of different cities is the common denominator (we may bash each other sometimes, but more often than not we shall commit to furthering our city's potential on the global stage).

I am sure I am missing a few other guiding principles, but that's how I operate under the handle SASKFTW. Coincidentally, it is also how I operate outside of SSP, less the images of course
SASKFTW seems to have the head start in this selection process. Any other nominees care to unveil their 'campaign platforms'? Well, not exactly a platform... how is it put in Citizen Kane? Declaration of Principles? That's it. Let's hear 'em!