View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 11:56 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ except for my freshman year college dorm roommate, i've never shared a living space with a total stranger. my various roommates during my 20s were people that I either knew, or at least knew of, within various concentric rings of my social circle, and it usually worked out fine.

there was only one time that it didn't work out, when a friend-of-a-friend roommate i was splitting a 2-bed with started shacking up at his girlfriend's place basically every night and i guess he felt like he didn't really want to pay his share of the rent/bills anymore, even though he was named on the lease and made zero attempts to sub-lease. this was in my early '20s when we were all kind of stupid and irresponsible in one way or another.

he eventually sorta "made it right", at least to a level where i felt ok moving on, but we were never close after that.

and at least the property management company was cool about it, i made it clear to them that i was still paying my share of the rent, so they only dinged his credit score, not mine.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Sep 28, 2021 at 2:42 AM.