View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2016, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
I was at the first part of the meeting.

1. The final presentation this fall will have winter representations. That all the concepts were in the summer was brought up a couple of times.

2. The 3 concepts are just that, concepts. They will be taking the feedback from everyone (including business, government and others who were briefed earlier in the day) and come up with final renders in the fall. They have no qualms of taking the best from all three and come up with something that best fits the bill.

4. I was eaves dropping on many conversations regarding the concepts. I will be very subjective here, but most of the people not liking the highrise residential were what I would term as the "Older Cathedral NIMBY Crowd"

5. The pedestrian bridge to downtown shown on the renders in no way is what the final result will be. The city is planning to do quite a bit of work connecting the downtown with the rail-yards. We should see more in the fall.

I didn't stay for the Q&A, but I like the direction this is going.
I didn't want to go out on a limb and say it but that was my first guess. In other words....the "UP" crowd. Interesting that the people most vocal about what the future will look like will probably be around the shortest amount of time. At least comments from city planners and designers indicates the need for densification.