View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 4:43 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Flagstaff sure as hell isnt cheap and the amount of people moving here from out of state (especially California) is driving up the cost of living and causing a housing shortage, where not even the locals can find a place without getting into bidding wars against people for whom a $350-$400k house/townhouse is a steal compared to the Bay Area and Southern California. Hell, even metro Phoenix is becoming unaffordable.

Basically "California prices at Arizona wages." Arizona is a notoriously poor state with a shitty social safety net (politically, we're usually Kansas, with better scenery). Technically, we're a "taker state" (get more money back than what we send to the feds in taxes) but at least 40% of the state's land is federally owned.

I know, I know, my gf and I should uproot ourselves and move somewhere cheaper because nobody has a right to live wherever they want.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...11952555_zpid/

This isn't too bad... but you're right. This is more expensive than I thought it would be. It's also literally in the middle of nowhere.