View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2020, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
I’ve been thinking this, too. TBC could be here to bore relatively short tunnels in and around the overall facility, but I feel like that’s unimpressive small caliber stuff that they wouldn’t spend their time on. But making a much longer tunnel to connect their stock to a rail hub (maybe in Hutto?) might make more sense. You could trickle out cars one at a time on a 24 hour basis and maybe hit a useful pace of transfer.

Still not sure if that matches what fully loaded surface fleet could do... but maybe the numbers work...?

The Biz Dev position, though, seems to be the tell. They’re looking to sell someone, for sure.
I was thinking the same thing. No telling what Elon has in mind. When you have that much money anything is possible. The interesting thing is that Tesla could have multiple locations in central Texas connected by tunnel.

TBC, Project Connect and the expansion of 35 thru DT. Austin will be one huge transit construction project for the next 10 years. Hopefully the airport expansion will get going during that time as well.