View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 4:25 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulured55 View Post
Don't you think Chicago and NYC are classy? And they are the other cities with all of the tallest buildings in our country. .... if you don't think so, then what is a 'classy city' in your example? A little country town with a 40ft tallest building?

Building a taller building does not take away any class. It has nothing much to do with it in my opinion. This is good for Vegas becuase it's different, and again... the population is growing vastly and there is less room to build more hotels with all the people living there. It would be nice to see a tall building there. In addition, this builiding makes sense to build in that city and in it's particular location.
First of all, I am from New York, and I have been to Chicago, and they are very classy cities in my opinion. It is not the height that concerns me, even though Vegas is not in need of such a tall building right now. But the design is silly. It looks to me like a five-year old's rendition of a rocket ship. It's not just about Vegas, I would not want it built anywhere.

You cannot compare this design to the Sears Tower, Empire State Building, or even the Freedom Tower.

Also, Vegas is not ready for an almost-2,000-ft. tower. It needs to build up its shorter skyline first. New York and Chicago have vast bases of shorter and mid-height buildings to visually support a building of such significant height. Vegas needs to stop sprinting ahead, and take a little time to escape its old-time kitsch. A city of 500,000+ people needs a chance to turn into a real city besides a resort destination.