View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 1, 2015, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
You know what had net positive absorption over the last year? Suburban office space. These engineering firms are catering to their clientele.
I recently changed companies and am now located downtown. Moved from the south end ghettos. It's quite convenient to walk 10 mins to meet with clients. In winter the skywalk is also convenient.

It's a hastle to now have to schedule my car trips. "Okay tomorrow I have a meeting I need to drive to. Make sure GF doesn't need the car, so I can take it with me. Make sure to expense my $10 parking fees. Drive to never never land for the meeting. Etc."

I find it's a battle between management and employees. Not to envoke a blanket statement on all people. But I find older, wealthier management are more likely to prefer suburban locations. My GF's company is relocating to south Pembina office space. She would prefer downtown, as would about 75% of the staff. It's the older, management folk who live in that area and want to drive to work that ruin it for the rest of them.

Anecdotal, but ts generally true from my experiences. Same goes for the old company I worked for. They chose to relocate a few years back to the south end because the managers lived in Lindenwoods and White Ridge.