View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 3:52 AM
Ex Houstonian

^
I drove through Utica briefly, didnt really photograph any of the churches as the one in Rome was the prettiest out of all the ones in that area. I did have some bomb pizza though in Utica and some not so bomb sushi, actually some of the worst sushi Ive ever had, in Rome. I also stayed at one of the most disgusting motels ever in Rome, was clearly a motel used for prostitution and drug sales, The Red Carpet Inn. Rome was a horrifyingly depressing place; nearly on par but for different depressing reasons as most of the towns Ive photographed in southern WV. Out of all the towns and cities I visited, I liked Syracuse the best. I've been to Buffalo many times, its pretty cool, but out of all three bigger Upstate cities; Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse; Id have to say that Syracuse had the nicest downtown with the most intact historic architecture and nicest places to eat. Rochesters downtown is a massive dump that was clearly mostly destroyed in the 60s and 70's; although Rochester did have some nice hoods on the southeastern side of downtown that seemed pretty upscale and nice.