View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2010, 12:22 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
If this is the future of downtown SA architecture (20-35 stories, modern yet subdued colors and materials), that's just fine with me. Lets become known for density and leave the height to the rest of Texas.
Fort Worth has largely gone that route, and it has a very nice and active downtown.

If the residential boom really takes off in downtown San Antonio and brings in thousands of new residents to downtown, don't be surprised then if you start getting more proposals for office buildings since companies will be interested in having their offices so close by to their potential workers. Driving 10 miles to work<walking 10 blocks to work.

Even so, most of those office buildings will probably be small to start. That's what's happened in Austin. Google to space in an existing building, Facebook has come here. And Cirrus Logic, which moved to Austin in 2007 from California, is now building their headquarters in downtown, moving from their suburban office building in Southwest Austin.

I think you'll see that in San Antonio too. And I think down the road there will be larger office buildings planned by developers once demand for space in downtown goes up and up.