View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 1:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg View Post
Architecture too is pretty self-sufficient with its courses. In theory, they too could move downtown.
Why move sections of the campus downtown. That’s counter productive. We already have RRC and UofW. I doubt we need to swamp the area with the UofM. . They are already in the HSC. That’s enough. Leave them all at the current site which isn’t in the boonies like you all say anymore. Not everything needs to be downtown.

Smart part was a failure on the part of all the parks lots. The idea was still solid and it helped a financially trouble university put of a rut. But like someone else mentioned. Had they just lined the main drag with all the buildings and had the parking in the back. It would have made all the difference. There are however some really cool buildings in there. My fav is the one that’s like a bridge over the lake.

As for the golf course. I think it’s more of they got a deal and are holding on to valuable land. I think their plans were just that. Plans to keep the public in the loop.