View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 12:17 AM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
However I do understand what you are saying but I do not understand the vauge comment of "the wrong side of 35." As for the slight to Roosevelt, I feel that's very uncalled for. A quick glance at a site like GreatSchools.net shows that GreatSchools give the school a 7 out of 10 and the parents rating on the site give it 4 out of 5 stars.

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/...school/tx/5060

I think it's a misconception of that general area that sometimes make it seem worse than it really is.

No offense in knocking Roosevelt. Perception of the school and the area are not great though. My wife teaches in NEISD and I work for what used to be San Antonio Teachers Credit Union at I-35/Weidner.

I know what people I deal with every day think, regardless of its actual validity.

Whether we like it or not, there is always going to be perception that there is a "wrong side of the tracks" or the street or whatever. Only time and open minds can turn it around.

My hope is that Converse and Windcrest can build the reputation of the area and I hope, like you, that these projects become great both for the suburbs and San Antonio alike.

Thanks for the chat. Thanks too for your unique perspective that you bring to the forum. Viva Fiesta.