View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2007, 3:50 AM
Robot Hand is the Future

I like your photo TV.

The only thing that really bothers me about the Free Press is the restricted on-line content for subscribers. Until a little while ago, it was all restricted, no? The Globe and Mail does it too and it's seriously irritating. Otherwise it's a fine paper with some solid journalism. The Free Press has reporters dedicated to working on local issues and civic politics. Not everyone likes Kives, I like him. I like Mike McIntyre too, he's gutsy. The sports section is superior, especially the Bomber coverage. There's no contest between the Free Press's editorial content and the Sun's. There's the array of weekend sections and specials.

The Star Phoenix doesn't run on Sundays, and most statutory holidays. I don't see its appeal. I lived in Saskatoon for three years and had a subscription that I allowed to run out because it was such a thin paper (though strangely heavy on back-door Crown corporation office politics, so if you're into that, well, there you go). I go back to Saskatoon often and pick it up. By any qualitative or quantitative measurement, it's not even close to the Free Press.

But, I like the Toronto Star too, so you can see where I'm coming from.