View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 23, 2023, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This is why this group is potentially so dangerous. Their demands for a 15 storey height limit in the downtown will affect not only Infinity, but also St. Bernard Square, Ashford/Downing and One Foundry.

If they win, it would stunt, defer and/or thwart important projects all over downtown Moncton.

They cannot be allowed to prevail!!!
They will not prevail. There is no legal standing and the city will not stunt development because of these people. Assumption building is 20 floors, Ashford plans possibly 20+, St. Bernard’s Square could be 20+, Laffords other planned development 20+. I can guarantee the city will not take this into consideration. They will listen but that’s where it will end.

I have seen the comments online and so I know the do have an online voice. I saw one person who said the area is prone to flooding and it’s to dangerous. I’ve seen people say it will destroy the flatness of Moncton and the ability to see the river. There is the group of people on there who are terrified of the WEF and what they call 15 minute cities (guarantee it’s them). Just check out the Retail NB Facebook page. They are on there.