View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
If The Saint doesn't have life-sized representations of all of Val Kilmer's disguises in the movie of the same name tastefully - or tastelessly - scattered throughout the common areas, it needs to be sent back to planning immediately.
Hey I like Val, but I really take issue with this (and no ageist jokes).

The Saint should feature some photos of Roger Moore... and more importantly, a P1800 Volvo in the lobby

On a personal note, when I was teenager with a newly-minted driver's license, my father sold! his BOSS 302 Mustang (the king of TransAm racing) and brought home the little 4 cylinder Swedish monstrosity with tail wings (P1800). I screamed at him. "Wait until you drive it" said father.

Long story short, my first car was a Volvo 1800ES (a bit like a sleek wagon version of the P1800 that was only released for 2 years). I took it across Canada, south to California and zig-zagged my way north-east back to Niagara (I made that trip twice in one year lol). On my eighteenth birthday I totalled this gorgeous racing green beauty that could do 138mph with a 4 cylinder engine. I recently saw a mint-condition (identical to mine) 1800ES was sold for $275,000 (I had paid $5k).

Link

P.S. The Saint is obviously is referencing its location on Church Street, between Toronto's 2 largest cathedrals.