View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2020, 3:28 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
Lots of people who have no record themselves, know friends or family who have been in trouble with the law. That's especially true for poor and disadvantaged people. Those are also the exact demographic the police board is supposed to ensure are not mistreated by police, so they should have representation on the board. Is the expectation that anyone who has a friend or family member who's been in trouble before, completely break ties with that person instead of trying to help them? Because that's only going to make their situation worse and lead to more crime......
This isn't a poor or disadvantaged person she knows. It is a drug trafficker. Not just a drug dealer but someone who distributes drugs to drug dealers. I would imagine they know exactly what they are doing and have no intention of quitting as I'm sure it is a very lucrative profession. This is not a small time, oops I made a mistake type of criminal.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York