View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2020, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmuzika View Post
16 Ave is a lost cause, but Glenmore Trail/Hwy 560 at least has the ROW to be a freeway from the Stoney Tr W to Langdon - maybe realign the TCH?
Apparently the province plans on using Highway 901 as the new alignment for the TransCanada. I think the goal is to turn that highway into a freeway. If you look at a map 901 connects in with the 201 so I imagine the province will co-sign the 201 until it hooks up with the existing TransCanada by Canada Olympic Park. The province will likely have to expand the southern portion of the 201 so it has eight lanes from the SE corner up to Canada Olympic Park. People will be confused as hell as stretches of that road will probably have four different names.

There's no timeline that I know of but I don't think it would be that difficult of a project to build. A major interchange around Strathmore would need to be built and one at Highway 24. Other interchanges might be needed but I can't see the number being that high. My guess is that they could do the project for about $1.5 billion in today's dollars.

Last edited by Corndogger; May 18, 2020 at 6:12 AM.