View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2020, 4:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
I once made all the lights in Edson and Hinton, it may have saved a total of 5 minutes. Going around would add a considerable time in Hinton unless they built grade separation along the current route. There was a preliminary plan for an Edson ByPass but there is no great desire to build it yet.

Lloyd is the greater challenge. Would love to have a ByPass but the economics far exceed the drive to get it done. That and it would cut into some significant revenue. That would kill a lot of business along that route that need the stopping traffic. Its also a good time to stop on the route between Saskatoon and Edmonton.

I remember the days driving to Saskatoon and Regina on a 2 lane highway and having to go through Vegreville and every small town along the way. When it was twinned that trip was a couple of hours quicker.
Good signage on the highways can direct people to things. However, that is a poor excuse for not twinning a highway. I feel no new bypasses should go in unless they are divided highways.