View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRay View Post
It's not about pointing at a sum of money and saying "IT'S A GIANT PILE OF MONEY." It's about organizing your administration to coordinate and prioritize before it hits, so that you are more ready when it hits.
Right so your argument is that somehow, Trump as a character is so destructive that millions of existing federal projects, employees, plans and relationships have all gone into total chaos.

And had we just had somebody more...in the "DC" circles everything would be humming along smoothly.

I reject the notion that anything that significant has changed from your experience tracking asteroids with various agencies working together.

Its an incredible reach to think a president has that much impact on the standard operations of the federal government.

I am going to still default to my original position on all of this:

The government is largely unchanged from what it was 4, 8 and 16 years ago. It operates the same with largely the same people in it.

It does not matter who was president, there was really nothing that could fundamentally change what is going on here with COVID 19, the responses to this are what has been planned for years and years, the institutions and agencies that are working on the response are either mostly independent from or sufficiently isolated from the Executive that it does not matter who it is the response was more or less going to be this.

I think your issue is more a reflection of your personal feelings about the president as a leader than it is the actual on the ground reality of the response.