View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
Does it really matter though? They can be kind of annoying from an OCD perspective but governance-wise it seems to work. Don't know if either of inter-municipal fighting or intra-municipal fighting like they have in the big Prairie cities is better than the other.
Would it not make sense to amalgamate some municipalities though, as has been done in Ontario? (I ask this genuinely as a BC outsider who has lived in Ontario most of my life and have lived through municipal amalgamations)

I could see Burnaby being annexed by Vancouver and New West, and I could see the two North Vancouvers amalgamating. Maybe also Coquitlam splitting between Port Moody and PoCo.

On the other side of the coin I would question whether Surrey needs to be as massive as it currently is. Should it be that big? Should South Surrey be part of White Rock, since it’s much closer than Surrey’s city centre?

I can see arguments on either side of these situations and I’d be interested in insight from anyone more familiar than I am with BC municipal politics.

Last edited by manny_santos; Jan 22, 2020 at 5:01 AM.