View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I do a fair bit of shopping there. It's the only Bay store in town that I visit. It's busy, but I don't get the sense that there's a ton of shopping happening in there as much as there is browsing and lunchtime walks.

I take your point, the best case scenario is The Bay continuing to operate in that location. But the trend has been for a slow but steady shrinking of the store and I think people are expecting that to continue to its logical conclusion. In some respects I'm pleasantly surprised that it's still open... I expected it to be closed by now.

I wish they'd open up the basement again, though... it felt like having a Zellers down there when the grocery store was in operation breathed at least a little new life into the place. I'm surprised that it isn't worth anyone's while to put a similar operation in down there.
Yeah I agree. I admittedly usually went there during the lunch hour but the Zellers always seemed pretty busy. I'm surprised it's not viable to operate something similar out of the basement.

As for the Bay proper, it does have more selection than it did a few years back when they first dropped the floors. A year or two ago they added a toy section for example that was absent for a long time. But clearly they're putting zero maintenance into the place. The escalator down to the main level from 2 has been unoperational for many years.