View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
As you guys remember this project somehow got tied up with the Cisterra Ritz tower in that ridiculous Union extortion lawsuit that has held up both buildings. I spoke with J Street who announced another 14 floor tower just a few blocks east and they said they are still 6 months out from announcing construction on the Hilton.

The rep said they are no longer tied to Cisterra and both projects are independent. So lets hope they both get going soon.

Manchester Pac Gate: Why can't they start digging the holes for the Office and Hotel towers now? It won't affect the construction of the Navy Building or the existing Navy Office in use now.... It would save a ton of time if they started digging now right
As far as I know they haven't awarded the jobs to the General Contractors. I worked with Turner for quite a while on this first phase. The first phase was awarded to them but the job is being broken up into pieces and each phase will go through a whole new bidding process. If I remember correctly there will be a total of nine but that is just a memory. There will be a total of 12 cranes plus or minus on the job but not all at one time. For a while they were looking at the 2nd phase and trying to figure out how they were going to set that 75 ton bridge in between the two towers. One issue I noticed is that the radius of the north crane in the first phase will interfere with any crane placed in the correct location with the correct radius in the 2nd phase.

I'm not to sure how pleased everybody is with Turner right now. The scope of this job is truly immense. I have been speaking to other trades about it for the past 3 years and there is an interior elevator company that said if they took all of their employees country wide and placed them on this job they would not have enough man power. I heard that there will be something around a few hundred elevators total?

I'm hearing that the Gaylord job is moving forward in South Bay. That will be another massive project....