View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 6:55 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
jsbrook can probably speak more to this than I can since I'm in government and not private practice, but they seem to be doing relatively well recently, especially Morgan Lewis. Dechert was expanding a few years ago and was in the process of moving their 'main' office to NYC, but I think that all sort of blew up in their face and didn't go well. (Of course, this was 3-4 years ago now, so who knows what they're doing.) None of the others really seem to be struggling at all, which I think is more to do with the economy doing well on a macro level than anything else.
This all reminded me that it's been 10 years now since Wolf, Block, Schorr imploded and vanished. Who would have ever thunk that a firm once so thoroughly wired into the Philly political establishment would one day be no more.

Partners vote to end Wolf Block | inquirer.com
The venerable Philadelphia law firm fell victim to collapsing credit and real-estate markets. It had also been hit by a wave of key departures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WolfBlock