View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I think they'll be fine. While it's true that the shapes are close in design, most buildings are either square or rectangular. I'm more interested in their facades, color and setbacks.

90 Rainey and 44 East are pretty dissimilar in design/color.

It's the height in that neighborhood that is going to be a bit monotonous. There will be at least 5 buildings in that neighborhood that will be 520 to 620 feet. The 4th WeWork tower is the only one that could top that plateau at 700 feet or so.
I'm on the same page with you. The problem, at least one of the problems with the above pictures is that they are basically the same size, shape and color. We will be getting a variety of texture and color. What might keep it from being too monotonous is that they won't be stuck to each other like 3rd and Shoal, Proper and Google, and they won't be blobby looking, but tall and slender. If they all get built, this could very well be the most impressive section of dt, skyline speaking. Those buildings in the last picture bewilder me. They a) give me the creeps, b) look taller than they are at 33, 34 floors, maybe its all the windows. For some reason, they remind me of Easter Island.