View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2018, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
What will SaskPower pay for a KWH now? Does this factor in their other charges such as demand charge, distribution, standby, etc. What about financing costs? I am a big solar proponent, but I remain skeptical about some of these pay back calculations. Does anyone have any actual results that are not projections provided by people selling solar systems?

Edit: This seems pretty good, maybe I need to accelerate my plans.
PAYMENT RATES
We credit your excess power at the same rate that you purchase power. Your electricity billing is based on kilowatt-hours (kWh). As an example, if you are purchasing power at $0.14228/kWh (2018),
then your excess power will be credited at that amount.
Banks have been financing these projects close to prime if not prime rate. Once Tesla’s solar roof takes off in the next couple years you’ll see a drastically diminished cost. I wouldn’t install until their product hits the Canadian market as I assume competitors will join in to continually lower those prices. SaskPower’s goal is to go 50% renewable by 2030, but the way battery and solar prices are going I could easily see that closer to 100% by 2030. This is based on figures from Bloomberg New Energy Finance.