View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overboard View Post
I think Maggie Burton has a pretty good shot. She's been very active on social media, in papers via opinion letters, and at events, and has a wide network and a very passionate base of support. Her signage is also well designed and placed. Combined with current discontent with sitting council and I am confident (and hoping) she will scoop up enough votes.

I think Dave Lane deserves another shot and Ron Ellsworth is very effective in many ways so they've got my other votes at the moment. I am not super thrilled about any of the others for a fourth. Sandy's alright but I am wary of councillors who stick around too long. I would love to see (Art) Puddister shut out.

Hope Jamieson is also promising in Ward 2 but needs to get out there with more signs, public appearances, and policy. I am banking on a wave of anti-Galgay sentiment.

Of all the councillors I've dealt with, Dave Lane has always been the most helpful. He responds quickly to questions and digs for information for you. I've not had similar experiences with some other councillors, my ward councillor in particular.

Maggie Burton seems to be good, so she'll definitely get one of my votes. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else joins the race. It'd be nice to see a few more people.