View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
Texas averaged just under 98% capacity last season. A new south end zone would be adding quality seats. No upperdeck, no nosebleed seats.

I don't really understand your point about the fat cat executives and the east end zones. The band seats at the current north end zone are pretty good. I used to sit there in college since my gf was in a UT spirit org.

The operative word in your first sentence was "averaged". The stadium was packed for Notre Dame; nearly 10000 fewer for UTEP; almost 97k for Iowa State; about 1k more than that for Baylor; about the same for WVU; second-best crowd of the year for TCU (somewhat surprisingly). One sellout all year isn't going to justify the expense of building in the south end zone and when the stadium is 5k below being sold out, it shows. When there is patently a demand for more seats, the stadium should be enlarged, but not before. At most, I can see doing permanent south end zone seating something like they did at Ohio State.

My point re. seating is that students and the band should be in the east stands where the game is being played, not stuck in the end zones where it isn't. I never once had to sit in the end zone or the south end bleachers when I was in school and that's how it ought to be.