View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2016, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Incorrect. In both MB and SK Telus has extremely limited coverage. It used to be in Manitoba that they had no coverage past the Perimeter. In order to offset their limited coverage Telus low balled the prices forcing Rogers and MTS to match.
No, you are incorrect. In SK Telus has the most coverage (tied with Sasktel) because they use Sasktel's network. And why do you think Telus lowered prices? Because of competition. In Ontario there is no competition as the big 3 providers price-fix pretty openly. Ontario should have the lowest rates in the country due to density, but they have the highest. SK should have the highest due to low-density, but we have the lowest. More competition (especially government-owned, which only Saskatchewan still has as far as I am aware) is the key to keeping prices low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Incorrect again. The CRTC is not reviewing the deal for competitive reasons, that would be Industry Canada through the group formerly known as the Competition Bureau. It is one of the three regulator reviews the BCE purchase of MTS is subject to approval from. The other two are Industry Canada regarding the allocation of wireless spectrum and the CRTC which will review the detail to make sure it complies with things like the Wireless Code of Conduct, access to communication for people with disabilities, and the new "skinny cable". If you want to complain you need to send your concerns to the correct group.
And if you'd read my post you'd see that I linked to the competition bureau as well as the main place to contact.