Thread: LEGO Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 28, 2016, 6:46 PM
Doctor, The Doctor...Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey7312 View Post
Hey Doctor Octoroc, how can I get your instructions for your buildings?
I'm still kicking around ideas on what to do with them. I've debated doing some sort of Kickstarter with sets of instructions as rewards and maybe even physical sets for higher contributions - but that even minimal contributors can get a lot for their smaller donations. But it would have to go beyond just sharing the instructions - it would need to be an effort to publish a book or something along those lines and I haven't done enough research yet to determine the legitimacy of creating an unofficial set of LEGO instructions.

I've also debated whether or not an idea for a book vs a set would garner the proper attention on the LEGO Ideas site. For now, I'm just focusing on hitting that 100 mark for how many sets of quality instructions I can create.

And as of now I'm up to 59 structures all complete with instructions and cover art. Here are the latest ones - a series of smaller buildings that span the historical timeline of taller structures that, while dwarfed by comparison to modern day skyscrapers, are achievements in their own right:

Last edited by Doctor Octoroc; Apr 6, 2016 at 9:44 PM.