View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2015, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
I'm quite scared of the thought of Chuy winning. He doesn't seem to have any plans or ideas. Just says "nice things" but no clue where any money will come for any of this. The state is obviously SCREWED.

I'm trying to get all my friends to vote, go in early, or helping them get absentee ballots.

For instance, I forced my BF to get a mail-in ballot last night and I'll sit there and watch him fill it out and mail it in
Same here, I'm forcing everyone that I can to get off their asses and actually vote and to vote for Rahm. We literally can't afford the alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonellis View Post
Besides he did win the majority in the first election, so he should have won.
Correction, Rahm has a plurality, not a majority. He is going to have to turn that plurality into a majority in order to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago103 View Post

Chuy Garcia became Alderman during the Mayorality of Harold Washington who is kind of the standard bearer of what is called a "reform politician" in the modern Chicago sense of the word.
Reform politician in name only. Everything Chuy is proposing is a direct attack on changes, i.e. reforms, that Rahm has made. Chuy's entire platform seems to be to revert to a city government as it was on Day 1 of Rahm's first term. That is the opposite of reform, he wants to undo the unpopular but effective reforms Emmanuel has put in place. I'm surprised he isn't proposing giving Burke his security detail back as well.