View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 5:49 PM

Oh, I thought you were joking.

I'm not seeing how rocket pack guys at football games, DJs at basketball games, or getting Disney consulting group to tell long-time fans and alums what they want at a football game are bad things. For one thing, everybody does the rocket pack guy or parachute guy thing. It's commonplace in college football. It absolutely does not diminish Texas football culture in any way. Second, UT basketball games have been dead, boring events for years because DeLoss catered to blue-haired retirees who just want to have a nice calm evening and not make any noise rather than instilling an atmosphere of youth, fun, and noise. What Patterson really could do to cement his reputation as a positive, culture-changing figure is increase the size of the student section and drive some old the old fogies higher in the stands where they belong. Thirdly, same goes for football. Most long-time football fans and alumni are terrible fans. They're snotty and entitled. They don't think anything is required of them. When I go to games, I don't sit down or shut up for the entire game, no matter who is around me. These assholes leave shortly after half-time, are detached from the team, don't know any of the players' names, and don't think fans impact the game. They need to be told what to do, if not kicked out of the stadium completely. I blame DeLoss Dodds for being too old, soft, arrogant, and clueless. Just having the name "Texas" isn't going to be enough. Other programs are raising their profiles and to keep up we need to make some changes. If older folks can't cope with that change, they can keep their butts in Houston or wherever they live. We don't need them.