View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Ok folks, here's the latest for YQR:

At present, there is an additional 500-stall, fully-serviced paved parking lot under construction. And as well - soon - a new cargo facility. The present-day Air Canada Cargo building will eventually be demolished.

The plan is for Taxiway "C" (Charlie) to be relocated well to the north of where Taxiway C is at present. It'll be even north of the old Taxiway "M". (Mike.)

The new Taxiway C will be able to handle aircraft up to the size of a B767. (And progressively smaller aircraft as the taxiway gradually narrows eastward.) Pavement load capabilities will be congruent with wingspan.

Big plans for additional hangars and commercial development on the north side of the airfield. (Fully serviced lots.)

There will be FIVE [fully refurbished/expanded/repaved] aprons by 2021. Four of the aprons are pre-existing --- of course.

The ATB will be expanded towards the north. (Actually NW.) Completion of Phase I of the ATB to be completed by 2021 --- a must. Phase II by 2030ish will be a pier that will extend straight north. Phase I will be more of what we have now. Phase II will be able to exclusively accommodate two large aircraft, e.g.: A340-600; B777-300; B747-400. I surmise that the completion of Phase I will have an additional 4 jetways. (For a by then total of 11.); Phase II will have yet 2 additional jetways. (For a by then total of 13.)

A new Control Tower to be completed at the north end of the ATB by 2021.

The planning stages - as yet - are not complete; however, this is the gist of it. By '21, YQR will be dramatically different.

. . . . . and: $$$$!!!!

It looks like this group will be in charge of the initial work for the changes that will be coming up at YQR. http://www.wspgroup.com/en/WSP-Canad...ional-Airport/