View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 16, 2014, 8:54 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
His company is developing the project[s], not the man himself. The financing will come from loans and other such sources I would assume and again, not from the man himself.

And yes, banks provide financing for real estate developments, including Frost, but Frost doesn't develop or finance their own office buildings. They just lease space.
I assumed most would understand incorrectly...By "Weston," I was referring to his development company: Weston Urban. Next time I will make sure I am very clear for everyone.

Let's be specific here...As a matter of fact, Frost (as well as most banking institutions) have financed some of their own "office buildings." However, they are FAR less in scale than the proposed tower in downtown San Antonio. Of the ones Frost has financed, they are usually small-scale structures containing a bank branch and possibly a few extra SF for other offices (i.e. no more than one or two stories tall and usually less than 15k-20k SF). Yes, they do lease a large portion of their office portfolio...nonetheless, they do own quite a bit.

My original comment was based on yours...where you stated: "Weston Urban is developing and financing the new Frost HQ and the residential tower(s)..." I was not trying to engage in an agreement with you!