View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 14, 2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
I highly doubt they would double - or even increase - the height of the crown. That just wouldn't make sense - architecturally or financially. But even with, say, a 6 story crown and 52 stories (averaging 13 ft. with a 18 ft. 1st floor), you're looking at something in the range of 750-775 ft., which will make a significant impact on the skyline. If they go for higher floor heights for LEED status, say 15 ft.), you gain another hundred feet. Either way, it's kind of a big deal.
the crown is already 9 stories, per the 41 floor design, so 12 stories would only be a 25% increase in proportions, to go with the 25% increase in height of the building. but your probably right. if they arent making this any wider im not sure i see the point in making the crown much taller because it would change the slope of the roof. in which case the building will be 61 floors. which would still be the 4th tallest building in the city. it will definitely be over 800'. Hines said they are building this to spec so i would assume LEED status will be included? Hines last tower was LEED.

9 story crown on the 41 story plans.

Last edited by cloud713; Jul 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM.