View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 4:55 AM
ARTchitecture

There's a couple new ones on Kingsway that aren't at stations, but one or two of them are within a 10 to 20 minute walk I believe.

Vancouver is definitely the leader. What an amazing metropolitan area by North American Standards, so many people living right next to the transit that connects the area, very cool. Once the Evergreen Line is finished, the skytrain system will be longer than the Montreal Metro and several other metros in cities over twice the size (and by cities I obviously mean metropolitan areas).

for such a small city I'd say Calgary is doing really well in the TOD aspect of things as well. Westbrook TOD opened years before the station did, and I'm pretty sure they plan on doubling or tripling the size of that TOD, Brentwood is building theirs (the pic I just showed earlier today), a major one of being designed for Chinook, London at Heritage Station is up and running and the 3rd and 4th towers have been approved.... a lot is going on here as well

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.