View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2012, 8:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good find Budyser. Hall's Creek Village has updated their website again and now we have an even better idea what the street layout will look like.

I'm of two minds regarding this development. When you look at the proposed street layout, this would appear to be an ultra low density housing development, but I like the high quality of the development, and the green design of the buildings. The fact that there will be a mix of single family homes, multi unit residences and commercial nodes should give this development a sense of urbanity lacking in most cookie cutter subdivisions, especially when you see proposed building designs such as these:

This is the most current proposed layout for "village one"

I appreciate the layout of village one, and although it will connect up to village two and village three, it appears that the only way to get to village four and village five as well as on to Mapleton Road will be by the Crowley Farm Road. I think this is regrettable. I think there should be better interconnectivity between the different nodes of this development. The lack of direct connections will be a hindrance to pedestrian traffic (unless there are interconnecting walkways and bicycle paths). There likely will be (I can't imagine they would overlook this), but it would be nice to see confirmation on the site plan.

What do other people think?

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM.